If you are going to be watching TV in daylight or a bright room, choose a TV that can handle higher brightness levels. QLED TVs are currently the best type of display for bright rooms, as they can reach the recommended brightness levels for this environment.
It's best to have around 1,500 nits of brightness for displays in direct sunlight indoors, and QLED can reach up to 2,000–4,000 nits.
The brightness of the TV matters most when viewing it in bright lighting conditions since it'll have to compete with other lighting in the room. For example, in a well-lit living room or office, you'd want to use a TV with good brightness levels. Higher brightness levels can also offset most of the glare from sunlight shining onto the screen.
If you need help choosing the best QLED TV, below are some of My QLED TV Recommendations.
Find QLED TVs on Amazon (affiliate link).
Brandon Jones / TechReviewer
Most QLED TVs produce 1,000 to 2,000 nits of brightness and are capable of reaching 4,000 nits. To compare, most other TVs usually don't reach 1,000 nits of brightness.
If you don't know what a Nit is, it's a measurement of the amount of light a TV produces within an area. The higher the Nit, the brighter your TV will be able to emit.
Get answers for all of your QLED TV questions: Ultimate Guide to Samsung QLED TVs.
What to look for when buying a TV for your living room, theater, bedroom, or office: Choosing the Best TV for Your Room - A Buyer's Guide.
Samsung QN90A QLED (Best)
- This is an exceptional TV for any use, whether for movies, games, sports or as a PC monitor.
- It's the "Neo" QLED variant, which has an excellent contrast ratio and deep blacks.
- This will also work great in a bright room.
- A negative to this TV is that it has some slight blooming around bright objects. Here's more info about QLED blacklight bleed. Despite that, this is one of the best QLED TVs you can buy.
- The Samsung QN90A QLED also supports low input lag, variable refresh rate, and fast response time, all of which are needed for gaming.
- Check the latest price of the Samsung QN90A QLED on Amazon (affiliate link).
Samsung QN85A QLED
This is an excellent Neo QLED TV variant for use in bright rooms while having fantastic response time, low input lag, and vivid natural colors.
The Samsung QN85A QLED has wide viewing angles and high brightness to overcome screen glare.
It's superb for HDR content due to its high brightness and wide color gamut.
A negative to this TV is that it has lower contrast compared to the QN90A.
Check the latest price of the Samsung QN85A QLED on Amazon (affiliate link).
Samsung Q80/Q80A QLED
Great for watching sports or TV shows together with family and friends due to the wide viewing angles while keeping accurate colors.
It's also quick enough for gaming and great for using as a PC monitor.
A negative to this TV is that it has lower contrast compared to the QN90A and lower local dimming compared to both TVs mentioned above.
This TV also has high brightness for HDR along with wide viewing angles.
Check the latest price of the Samsung Q80A QLED on Amazon (affiliate link).
Want to learn more about OLED TVs? Check out the articles in my OLED TV series:LG C1 OLED Check Price on Amazon (affiliate link)
- Ultimate Guide to OLED TVs.
- Are OLED TVs Good for Gaming?
- Do OLED TVs Have Good Viewing Angles?
- What Is the Response Time of an OLED TV?
- Do OLED TVs Have True Black Levels?
- How Bright Are OLED TVs Compared to Other TVs?
- What Is the Refresh Rate of an OLED TV?
Want to learn more about TVs? Check out the articles in my TV series:
- Best TV Display Types
- TV Resolution Explained - 8K UHD vs. 4K vs. QHD vs. FHD
- Choosing the Best TV for Your Room
- Best TV for Playing PlayStation 5 Games
- What Type of TV Is Best for Gaming?
- Ultimate Guide to Samsung QLED TVs
- Best Type of TV for Bright Rooms
- What Type of TV Has the Best Refresh Rate & Response Time?
- What Type of TV Has the Best Viewing Angle?
- Do LED TVs Have Backlight Bleed?